Helping you navigate risks and opportunities
Today’s legal, regulatory, and financial environment presents businesses a complex interaction of risks and opportunities. Rapid technological advancements and the rise of e-commerce bring global markets to every business’ doorstep. However, expanded governmental regulations, changes to state business and tax laws, and the interconnectedness of global markets pose new challenges to corporate governance and operations.
Cokinos | Young attorneys recognize these shifting challenges, and appreciate the importance to clients in reaching the opportunities lying beyond those obstacles. Our lawyers bring a personal approach to corporate law, emphasizing an understanding of the individual entrepreneur or company’s needs and providing comprehensive counsel. Our services include:
- Forming business entities, including assisting clients in the crucial tasks of selecting the proper form and management provisions
- Guiding clients through acquisitions, divestitures, and mergers – from initial negotiations through closing
- Advising on, negotiating, and drafting documents for corporate internal operations, financing, and external transactions
- Resolving governance disputes for all types of business entities
Mergers and Acquisitions
Cokinos | Young attorneys steer clients of all sizes through the merger, acquisition, and divestiture process, bringing creativity and focus to every matter. Our attorneys’ experience spans from representing global companies engaged in multi-million dollar transactions to counseling small or mid-size businesses seeking to expand their market presence. Our attorneys assist clients in all phases of:
- Asset and equity acquisitions and sales, including associated regulatory filings
- Venture financing and agreements
- Reorganizations and reformations
- Initial Public Offerings
- Complex funding arrangements, including leveraged transactions and mezzanine financing
Formation and Governance
We believe prudent decisions during corporate formation prevent extensive disputes later. We counsel the majority of our clients beyond any initial transaction or dispute, and address current matters with an awareness of the client’s future growth and expansion plans, or sale to investors. Cokinos | Young brings a panoramic yet cost-effective approach to formation and governance questions, especially for the small- and mid-sized businesses that need such advice most.